As much as I love to cook, I am not one who 'loves' having my kids in the kitchen helping me cook. I do realize the importance of allowing them to be there while I am cooking and to help when they can though so I suck it up and let them in when they ask. On Saturday I decided to let them make their own lunch and dessert and they loved it so I thought I would share with all those moms out there who are always looking for kid friendly recipes. Mind you, this may not be the healthiest, but let's face it, most things that are kid friendly aren't.
For LUNCH they made mini pizza bites. I just used store bought pie crust, let them use a biscuit cutter to cut out round circles from the dough. Then they spooned a dab of tomatoe sauce, added a slice of pepperoni, some grated mozz and parm cheese. Then you fold them over and pinch the edges together. Lay them on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 6-8 min, or until the crusts are golden brown. To make this a healthy choice you could make your own whole wheat pie crust. They were really good (even for an adult) the perfect size for them, and super easy for them to make. Another variation on this would be to fill the circles with bean dip or black beans and cheese and serve with salsa and sour cream. The possibilites are really endless.
Now for my favorite part, DESSERT!
We had some leftover dough so I let them divide it in two, roll it out flat, then lay it down in a ramikin dish (some of the crust was laying out over the edges). Then I took a can of pumpkin, mixed it with a little milk, one egg, pumpkin pie spice, a little sugar, and a small packet of custard pudding mix. Then spooned into the ramikins, folded the top of the crust over it, sprinkled a little sugar over the top and baked them for about 10-15 min at 350. They were so good! And the girls were so proud of themselves!
Have fun and please, if you have any kiddy recipes, share them with me, I need more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment