We spent most of our day with Justin's parents and his grandparents at their house in SE Portland. We got to their house around 8am Thursday morning and got started cooking right away. Justin BBQ'd our 23lb turkey on our Weber and it came out SO good! I don't think I ever want to eat turkey any other way. I made potatoes, our traditional ginger scented butternut squash soup, stuffed mushrooms, an apple pie and a buttermilk pie. Everything we ate was delicious. We stopped by on the way home to see my parents and my dad's side of the family, played a little poker and then came home and crashed by 9pm! All in all it was wonderful day spent with family remembering how blessed we truly are. Here are some pictures of how we passed the time while waiting for our feast.
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
That last one should be Justin's new facebook profile picture. :)
3 comments:
That last one should be Justin's new facebook profile picture. :)
Wish we could have been there with all of you! Love ya!
Sounds delicious Summer! Glad to hear you had a good day:-)
Post a Comment