Yes! Can you believe it? The Millers can make boys! After 39 weeks of patiently waiting, not knowing if we were going to have another daughter or a son, we gave birth to a son! Monday, October 26th we went in to the hospital at about 6:15am to induce labor (no medical reason). My doctor broke my water at about 7:45am and they started the pitocin drip at about 8am. Contractions started and things progressed quickly after that. At around 10am I got an epidural, I was four centimeters dilated. Right after that we discovered that there was a water leak in the ceiling of our birthing room, it was raining hard that day. We had to move to a new birthing room and by the time we got all settled in it was about noon. My nurse checked me and I was 9 centimeters. She called my doctor down, they got everything set up and at 12:18 they told me to start pushing and our little guy was born at 12:19pm at 8lbs 8oz and 21 inches long! Yes, I only pushed for one minute, please don't hate me. When he was delivered Justin called out "THAT'S A BOY!" and the entire room erupted in cheers and I'm pretty sure my mom high fived Justin. The entire thing happened so fast that it was almost an out of body experience, very surreal. I was in shock that we had a boy. The next day around 8:30 in the evening we were discharged and came home. I am completely in love with this little man. He is just the sweetest most precious baby. So far his temperament is very mellow. Hardly ever cries (although when he does his cry is more high pitched than any of our girls had). In the first week he lost over 10% of his birth weight and my life turned into feeding and pumping. He quickly started gaining rapidly and seems to be completely healthy now. He will be two weeks tomorrow and we go back to the doctor on Tuesday, I am confident he will have gained back all the weight he lost. To think that we were 'done' having kids and that I was so nervous about having a newborn. Just seems like silliness now. I am totally at home with mothering a newborn and am savoring every minute of it, knowing that this really is our last. The girls are so excited to have a little brother and are so good with him. God is SO good. I can't say it enough. He knows exactly what we need and I am so glad He intervened with our plans. I couldn't be happier and you can imagine how happy Justin is! Our family really feels complete now. (btw, his name is Hudson Briscoe Miller)
Congratulations, Millers! He is beautiful, and God's perfect gift. I agree--God knows what we need even when we don't have a clue. Anna was that perfect example for me...can't imagine my life without her! We rejoice with you. :)
Sop extited for your family. God is good, all the time. Congratulations. Can not wait to see this little guy. Take care of yourself You are loved Peggy
4 comments:
Congratulations, Millers! He is beautiful, and God's perfect gift. I agree--God knows what we need even when we don't have a clue. Anna was that perfect example for me...can't imagine my life without her! We rejoice with you. :)
Congratulations!!! He is so cute!
I just love it :-)
Sop extited for your family. God is good, all the time. Congratulations. Can not wait to see this little guy. Take care of yourself You are loved Peggy
Post a Comment