Sunday, December 21, 2008

Update on our crazy NW weather

Since my last post on Wednesday they released the kids from VSD 2 hours early that day because it kept snowing and I think they were worried it would get worse. It really didn't, it kinda melted by the afternoon. We did wake up to more snow on Thursday though and they did close the schools for Thursday and Friday so the girls started their Christmas break 2 days early. We enjoyed sledding on the little hill at the park by our house throwing snowballs, and just being out in the unusual weather. Since Friday it has continued to DUMP snow on us and as of this morning we have about 6-7" of powdery snow covered in a 1" thick layer of ice as a result of the freezing rain from overnight. It really is a beautiful sight. I went to check my mail the morning and the sound (the only sound outside) of my boots breaking through the ice into the snow was deafening! They expect to get more freezing rain today and tomorrow so we will be staying inside, baking cookies, making gingerbread houses, and wrapping presents! I have to say I am really thankful for close friends/neighbors so when we start to get a little cabin fever we can always crash the Curry's house! I did finally get brave enough to get outside for some pictures and some are from Amber's camera.


Thursday









No comments: