Thursday, August 27, 2009

A little money saving tip

For those of you who love the foam hand soaps like I do, I have a little tip for you. Since they can get kinda expensive, especially if you have kids (they seem tho think they always need at least two over-flowing handfuls of it in order to get clean),I have been making my own foam hand soap for much cheaper and no-one knows the difference. Maybe you were already keen to this little tip but if not then this one is on me :)
I have three bathrooms and one kitchen sink that I like to keep hand soap at and that can get expensive to keep up with. What I did was buy one bottle of foam soap (I like the Method brand bottles) for each of my bathrooms. Used up all the soap in them and instead of throwing the bottles away and buying new ones, I reused the bottles and made my own. I bought a big bottle of cucumber scented baby shampoo (you could use any type of shampoo or even dish soap in any scent you like). Fill the empty foam soap container about 1/4 full of the shampoo/soap, then fill the rest of the way full with distilled water (important especially if you have hard water),put the cap back on, give a little shake and you now have your own homemade version of foam soap!

2 comments:

Dana said...

i love getting tips from my friends- so thanks!! =) i will have to try it out- also the method bottles. hope you are feeling good and that little one isn't taking too much out of you. i think i want a #4 too =)

MillerFam5 said...

Thanks Candace. I am doin okay, I think I'm ready to be done being prego though. It's exciting to hear you say you want a #4! That is my limit I am sure! I don't know how many more of these things my body can handle :)