Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Ski Day






















We were able to take the girls skiing last week. My mom kept Addy all day while Justin and I and the girls, and one of our highschoolers, Whittannie, headed up to Mt. Hood for a day of skiing. None of us really knew what to expect with the kids. It was a new experience for all of us. We were happily surprised with how well the girls did though and it ended up being a really fun day for everyone. Not to say there weren't any moments of frustration and tears. We spent the first half of the day on the beginner chair (Yup, they had to ride a chair). Then took them on a long beginner run that was the longest run of my life! It was probably the hardest work I have ever done while skiing and I know Justin felt the same. Thank God he is such a patient and good teacher because if it weren't for him it would have been a disaster! I am a horrible teacher but once he got them started in the right direction I could handle them from there so we really did make a good team. Emma was ready to go home at the end but Katrina did not want to stop. Emma was really a natural at it and has the form and confidence for it. Katrina did well but was a little less grounded and controlled. I am sure they will some day both be better skiers than me!

1 comment:

Dana said...

i love snow pictures!! and hopefully the girls will get to be as good at skiing at their parents. now that would be sweet. our kids will have to stick to swimming =)