Tuesday, August 26, 2008
DisneyLand
Our trip was fantastic! For those that didn't know we went with my mom and Justin's parents and it was mine, my mom's, and the girls' first time. It was really amazing not knowing what was around the next corner or up ahead on the ride we took for the very first time. It was a busy week for us but the parks weren't crowded at all so that was great. Our first day at DL park was Sunday and we got in an hour before they opened to the public. We went straight to Fantasy Land and rode Dumbo first. Within that first hour we discovered both our camera batteries were dead on our still camera and Justin had somewhere between the parking lot, tram, and three or so rides lost his wallet which contained half the sum of our spending money in cash in it! It was very nerve racking, he rode tram back to the car and discovered he had left it in the car, lucky for us! After that the rest of the day went pretty smooth. We stayed until closing and got to experience the fireworks for the very first time which were awesome! Monday we went to Sea World in San Diego. Tuesday we went to Universal Studios and then drove down to Hollywood and happened to drive by the red carpet premier of Eagle Eye but of course didn't see anyone famous. We meet up with our good friends the Groman's from Lake Oswego for dinner on Tuesday night and had a great time with them. Wed we spent the entire day at Disneyland again, and Thursday we spent all day at California Adventure and the last two hours in DLand. Friday we went back to San Diego to the zoo, tired the kids out then went up to Justin's Uncles house up in the Hills and swam, hot tubed, ate pizza, drank wine (or beer if you weren't me) and picked avocados. It was the most relaxing night we had. Oh and we rescued a baby cheetah from a vicious dog attack too. Saturday Justin and his dad had had enough walking and shopping with the women so they dropped us off Downtown Disney and went to catch a movie and some In-n-Out burger and the girls and I shopped til we had to leave basically to catch our flight. Of course we stopped for an ice cream break. The flight back seemed very long. Addy wouldn't sleep at all. We got back into town around 11pm. She was fidgeting and fussy the entire time. It was the only time on the trip she was a problem at all. I think she was just worn out and ready for rest. Justin was nicknamed Sargent Miller by my mom because of his 'get r done' attitude during the trip. He was all about getting where we needed to be and being as quick as possible. It was comical. The weather was amazing the entire time, it was really sad to come home to fall. We have an obscene amount of pictures so I'll try to condense them here. Needless to say I can't wait to go back!



















Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You never told me about rescuing a baby cheetah from a dog?! When did that happen?
Oh I miss you guys so much!! So are you and Amber busy this sunday?
I don't know for sure what my schedual looks like, but would you and Amber be avaliable if I don't have work?
We have a staff meeting this Sunday :( I don't know about Amber.
We gotta plan that out a little in advance so I can make sure Justin can be home. How far in advance do you get your schedule?
I will get my schedual tomorrow(wednesday)and will lat you guys know. It worked out though that you didn't come cuz we ended up going to our pastors house for lunch. We just decided on Bethany Baptist, and they invited all newcomers over for soup and salad. It was so much fun. I'll have to tell you more about it later. I might be coming home this weekend, but it's not for sure yet. If I don't I'll let you know, well either way I'll let you know. Pray for my ankle. I hurt it today in ballet, I'm not sure if it't a sprain or not, but I guess we'll see. Love you tons! Talk to you soon!
I'm coming home for sure!! Can't wait to see you Sunday!!
Guess what?!? I'm home!!
Guess what!?! I'm home!
Post a Comment